>

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sew it up and Me-Made-May

Hi everyone!

I got some pretty exciting news last week, I've been selected to participate in the Sew it up challenge! The very first edition of the Dutch/Belgian sewing competition. There are 6 contestants and 5 super cool challenges. The first one is a Chanel inspired jacket and I've got a pretty good idea for it  (if I do say so myself)..
Planning.. 
The challenge starts the 12th of May so please check it out and vote for me if you like my projects!

Apart from participating in Sew it up, I'm also participating in Me-Made-May for the very first time. I wear my me-mades almost every day (every day if you also count the jackets I've made) but dressing for work might prove to be a challenge. Since it needs to be able to cope well with bites/blood/scratches etc. and I tend to be a bit over protective about my me-mades.. But we'll see how well I do with my pledge!
 'I, Kim (revesmecanique.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear 1 handmade garment each day for the duration of May 2014'

Today I wore my first wiggle dress from Gertie's new book for better sewing and I also got a new haircut :)
Me-Made-May day 1
I will be posting outfit shots on Instagram, so if you want, check it out: revesmecanique

I was also nominated by Pelly Melly for a Liebster award! Thank you soo much! If you're interested in getting to know me a little bit better read on :)

1. What are you working on at the moment? I'm working on the first Sew it up challenge, a Chanel inspired jacket..
2. Do you sew to relax or to get motivated? A little bit of both, it really depends on my mood, but mostly I sew because I love to make things and sewing really helps me to feel productive and happy.
3. What is your favorite type of sewing project? My favorite type of project is one that teaches me a new skill (like the welt pockets on my Rigel jacket).
4. Who taught you to sew? My grandma :) She used to be a professional seamstress, so she knows what she's doing..
5. What is your favourite colour / fabric to sew with? Silk crepe or leather..
6. What do you do to relax if you are not sewing? Knitting/cooking/brewing beer/cuddling with my dogs..
7. Where are you from? Originally from a small village near Rotterdam, now we live in Utrecht in The Netherlands.
8. What aspect of sewing gets on your nerves? Hemming. Aaarghh! I feel like that is the part when I often screw up an otherwise great project.
9. What makes you happy? Sun, a relaxed atmosphere, my boyfriend and a good cocktail.
10. What makes you sad? The ignorance that some people have towards their pets and their needs.
11. What is your dream job? I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, wish I would have a good answer! Ideally it would be a mix between being a vet and doing something creative and travelling, so that might be rather difficult.. 

I will also nominate 5 other super cool sewing bloggers who I'd love to know a little bit more from, so feel free to fill in the 11 questions above ladies..



Wow! I've you came this far I'm super proud of you! Thanks for reading all of my ramblings :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm really curious to see what you come up with! That pattern cutting book you have is a good one (It's currently at my bedside table!)
    Good luck on Sew It Up & Me Made May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm excited to see your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenges! I'm looking forward to the Me Made May posts on Instagram as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Sew It Up - can't wait to see what you make! I started following you on Instagram - I love MMMay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in the competition! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thank you very much! I enjoyed your ramblings very much.
    good luck with the comp. I cannot wait to see what you come up with. How great would a Rigel meets channel be?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that?!?! Can't wait to eece more from Sew It Up! And thanks for nominating my blog! I feel so blessed to have become part of this amazing community of sewing bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sort of missed that you already received a Liebster award and nominated you as well. you can see whether you accept or not! Anyway, details on my blog!

    ReplyDelete