For my sewing plans I'd been hoping to use the Wardrobe Architect series as my own personal guideline..
|Linton Tweeds gorgeous samples|
Well, that won't be happening anytime soon! I've printed the assignments and have been carrying them around for over a month now. They've been in Zambia, Botswana and Belgium and they still haven't been filled in. So I figured I might as well share my spring/summer sewing plans now and when I *finally* do get my lazy/to busy/to tired self to fill it in, I'll adapt my plans as we go.
My sewing-wish list:
- Another Minoru in a very lightweight wool
|My Minoru fabrics|
- A Bombshell swimsuit in black, I'm thinking view b.
- Two more Archers, one in sandwashed black silk and the other one in a pale purple fabric.
- A little black jacket, inspired by Chanel, using Couture Sewing and Linton Tweeds fabric. I'm very much in love with all of the samples you see in the first picture, but I figured its best to use a solid fabric first, so the pattern placement isn't super obvious and I also really want a classic black jacket, so black it is.. Maybe with some sparkles though :)
|I'm going to go with black, with a little sparkle :) I think..|
- Draped black skirt, using Patternmaking by Dennic Chunman Lo. Or maybe I'm going to use the Vanamo skirt pattern.
- Kielo wrap dress by Named, I've actually finished this one today!
- Something from Drape Drape, a dress or a shirt? Or maybe both :)
- Two more pairs of Maritime shorts, I've already got the right fabrics for both..
|Stretch denim fabrics|
- Another Saltspring dress
- Hopefully the Robson trenchcoat will be happening this summer.. I've got the fabric and the pattern, so who knows..
And I want to continue with my bra/underwear making plans (I've got 2 muslin versions, one from a pattern I drafted myself, which already fit quite good, so yay!)
Wow, this already looks like quite a list. And it isn't even a complete list of things swirling around in my head that I want to make.. Luckily I've already finished some items (is that cheating?) and I'm also almost done with my silk/linen Victoria Blazer (from my fall plans), so things are looking good!
Apart from all these plans there will be a lot of Burning Man sewing going on.. So lots of prints, fake fur and sequins!
What are your summer sewing plans? Do you have any must-makes on your list?