It was a very sunny day, which was awesome, but makes it difficult to photograph the white fabric..
|These are his paintings, Thanks Ted Parker for letting me use them as a background!|
|Some views of the back|
|Excuse the wrinkles, but here you can see the colours better|
I had three different colours of the same stretch cotton. One was a small piece of aqua, which I used to cover some cording. Then I had copper, which I wanted to use for the upper part. Finally I had a lot of the speckled colours, which I used for the lower half.
And, this pattern also needs some buttons, luckily I had some very special ones, which I got from my good friend Eef. She let me pick them out of her awesome button stash, which she got from her parents-neighbour-mother! (if I'm correct)
So I had to take them apart again and line them up, starting my sewing in the middle.
|Making new friends|
|On to more important things..|
Pattern: Deer and Doe, Datura blouse
Fabric: 1 m of stretch cotton which I dyed myself, see this post.
Time to finish garment: About 2 hours, less if I hadn't stretched the front bit the first time sewing it.
Notions: 5 buttons and some cording
Boyfriend's verdict: 8/10, he wrote in his text: Although painting is not your profession I think Mona Lisa would be happy to wear it! He likes that it looks progressive/different from standard fabrics :)
Make again: definetely! Maybe I'll try the neckline with the cut-outs the next time.