>

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hello, my name is Kim and I'm a sewaholic..

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!

I've been meaning to start a blog for a while now, but when I was in New York and met all the wonderfull sewists and bloggers at Lladybirds meet-up I decided that it was time to start blogging as well!

Just a quick introduction..
So I'm Kim, from the land of tulips and windmills, The Netherlands. I work as a small animal vet and I love our 2 dogs, Milo and Shane. I really like to travel and explore new countries and cultures. Since I started sewing again my main souvenirs have been fabric/sewing related!

The doggies chillin' on the cushions I made last year




I started sewing in high school when I altered my backpack and stuff like that. I always dreamt of being able to make my own underwear.. When my machine started having issues that even my grandma (who used to be a professional seamstress) couldn't fix, I stopped sewing and kinda forgot about it.

Fast forward 8 years..
Last year I decided that I wanted to re-upholster our couch and that's when my old sewing machine got dusted off. Fortunately I was able to solve the issues it had (some tension issues and that was it!).
After liking my upholstery project very much I decided to sign up for a course at the Designer Cafe for sewing with knits and try my hand at making some clothes!

The rest is history as they say :)

Reves Mecanique means mechanical dream, which I think refers to sewing quite nicely..

No comments:

Post a Comment