>

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Spotted pyjama party

Good morning everyone!
How was your weekend? I spent mine partying with my friends, doggies and family.. And today with all the lovely bloggers at Karen's Pyjama Party!

I finished my second pair of Madeleine mini bloomers from Colette Patterns on saturday morning.




The first pair was made with what I first thought was a silk(it was a coupon, labeled silk) that I got in Italy. When I went back to the store in December I saw the same fabric on the bolt and then it was labeled polyester. Hmmmpff strange.

Silk or polyester?
After posting my previous post, Lisette from What Would Nancy Drew Wear very kindly pointed out that there are some fit issues with the bloomers. Unfortunately for my lovely fishy polyester, help came too late, they are very short and a bit uncomfortable! (although my boyfriend likes them, guess why..)

Very short in the front..
So for the second pair I added 5 cm to the waist part of the pattern and for me that really solved the problem. I made them out of the leftover fabric from my Cascade skirt, which I will blog about soon.
It is a very airy cotton, which will be lovely to sleep in.

2nd pair


I made pink buttonholes and am happy with how everything looks. I had some trouble getting the elastic through the casing where the seams meet, because I overlocked all the seams, so I had to unpick and guide the elastic through.



For the second pair I simply left the casing open where the seams meet and that went way smoother. The last bit of elastic I just inserted that before I sewed the casing, making sure not to stitch through the elastic, daring huh?
Breaking the Dentastick, I need some more muscles for this!

Now on to the party! I decided the doggies could join me, I only had to bribe them with food to get them as excited as I was :)










20 comments:

  1. Love the space, bloomers and dogs! I'm still struggling through mine...the leg hems are really wonky and don't want to fold up the 1.5 inches :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had some trouble with the leg hems too, when I folded them 1.5 inches I couldn't match the buttonhole with my sewing, so I just folded them up as much as I needed to match the buttonholes.. strange! I saw on your blog that you finished them, yay! They look good!

      Delete
  2. These are so cute - your shorts and your dogs! I'll need to remember that tip about the waist if I decide to make some. I really love that second pair with the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will pass the compliment on to my doggies :) It would definitely be a good idea to add more length to the top part, I think apart from that they are very comfy and easy to make!

      Delete
  3. These look great! I'm definitely going to have to have a go at making these bloomers- they seem to be everywhere in this pj sewalong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think one of the main reasons there are so many of them is because the pattern is free, and I think they make cute summer pj's!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, is that the highest ceiling in the world ever? What an amazing room! Not as amazing as your sewing, though. Thank you so much for joining in the fun, and letting your dogs join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! The party was awesome, super good idea! It is quite a high ceiling, I would say 6 meters? Very good for jumping on your bed!

      Delete
  5. I love these bloomers! They're so cute! And thanks for telling us about the pattern issues. I hope I'll remember that, since I suddenly seem to have a lack of bloomers and want to make one for myself. If only there were more time...
    And that is indeed a lovely room! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes the time issue.. I have the same problem! But I would love to see your bloomers, your Datura blouse was great too!

      Delete
  6. I love your polka dot bloomers! So cute! I've been wanting to make these, so thanks for mentioning the pattern issues and what you did to fix them - very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great jim jams! And so nice to bring your dogs to the party! i loke the polka dot ones especially

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so impressed by how you got your dog to jump with you at the same time AND take a picture of it too. Oh and love the bloomers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Cathy! I made my sis take pics on the sport mode, most of them turned out quite nice, which was a good surprise :)

      Delete
  9. Just found you from Shorts on the Line! These Madeline Bloomers are so cute! Love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I thought they would also be shorts-on-the-line appropiate:)

      Delete