>

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Roxanne will you be my bff?


For my birthday my sister (thank you again!) gave me all of the Victory Patterns, definitely an awesome present! First on my list to make was the Roxanne pattern, and I knew exactly which fabric I wanted to use.

These pictures were taken at the awesome old farmhouse  (built around 1700) where my grandparents live

The patterns are designed very well and the instructions are awesome! The only thing that baffled me at first was the sizing square, which was a different size than the description said.. I decided to follow the sizing on the printed pages, which is the right way I think. There are some tucks at the back, which I pressed nicely, only to discover that I had folded them the to the wrong side, so I redid those, luckily I found out before sewing them!


It took me some time to line up the collar nicely, after 2 times ripping out all of my stitches I was satisfied, but my sister pointed out that it was still a little bit off, guess third time’s a charm right?


I used french seams throughout the shirt, becaue I really like how clean they look on the finished garment. I was afraid it would be a little bit too loose for my preference, so I took the side seams in an extra centimeter, which makes the top a bit tight in the bust area, but I can’t be bothered taking out all the french seams to redo it!

Overall this is one of my favorite makes so far, but watch out Roxanne, Simone might be ready to take over!

Details:
Pattern: Victory Patterns, Roxanne
Fabric: 2 m of very soft and drapey cotton I got in Paris, and I still have some left for another project
Time to finish garment: 4 hours, as I really wanted to get all the pleats evenly and the collar nicely lined up.
Notions: Only a hook and eye
Boyfriend’s verdict: 7.5/10, because of the nice finishings this shirt gets a 7.5, but he doesn't really like the loose flowing shirts. (I do however..)
Make again: Yes please! But then I have to think about the bust situation and see how I can taper in the sides a bit..
Their very cute dog was watching us






8 comments:

  1. Love this top. Very beautiful fabric and so perfect for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this top. Very beautiful fabric and so perfect for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sister you have! Hurray!
    I think your top turned out super cute. I like the loose fit, it's very flattering on you! Men probably just like things thight, but aaah, well...

    BTW I can only leave a comment using my google account. That kinda sucks. Maybe you should look into that, so readers can comment from various blogplatforms or open-ID's ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sister you have! Hurray!
    I think your top turned out super cute. I like the loose fit, it's very flattering on you! Men probably just like things thight, but aaah, well...

    BTW I can only leave a comment using my google account. That kinda sucks. Maybe you should look into that, so readers can comment from various blogplatforms or open-ID's ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel! Thanks, I guess it's indeed a guys thing maybe :)
      I'll look into the commenting issue, thanks voor pointing it out, I'm new to all this and sometimes it gets a little bit confusing!

      Delete
  5. Really great job! I've got this pattern just recently and am pretty excited to make it up. I love the collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to see what your Roxanne will look like and what kind of fabric you're going to use!

      Delete